We need you!
The NAIS PTO has a successful tradition of supporting the school through countless hours of volunteering from dedicated parents. Volunteering is a wonderful way to become more acquainted with our school, give back to our community, and make a huge impact on our student’s lives. The PTO relies upon volunteers to achieve its mission. Please help us continue to support the students by volunteering.
Most volunteer opportunities are handled through Sign-Up Genius. Every year you must sign-up again. Click below to sign-up and to receive emails as opportunities become available –
If you have a child in more than one grade you must sign-up for each grade level to receive emails about opportunities.
***NEW POLICY AS OF SEPTEMBER 2019***
– There is NO LONGER A MINIMUM amount of volunteer hours needed to be considered for lottery events such as field trips and dances.
– Each hour you volunteer will give you one “credit”
– For lottery events, all credits accumulated will be entered, and chaperones/volunteers will be chosen from there.
-There is no maximum on how many credits you can have, you can volunteer as much as you like!
-Donated items will be assessed as they come, but most items will be one hour.
– It is your responsibility to report your volunteer time after you are done to our clearance coordinator, Tracy Sheetz at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also the person that you can email to check and make sure your hours are correct.
-Every volunteer is responsible to make sure they have all of their clearances as directed by NASD.
– We encourage you to join the PTO. It’s a $1 donation, 100% of monies collected goes back to the kids. Anyone who joins the PTO will be given one hour of volunteer time. Joining the PTO does not require you to do anything, it just places you on our membership list. We have a goal of 600 members this year, which would be our best year yet! Help us reach our goal! Form to join can be found at:
If you sign up for any volunteer opportunity and realize you will not be able to attend it is very important to let the event coordinator know – even if it is last minute. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have questions regarding volunteer opportunities or need help recruiting volunteers, please email Melissa Kalinsoki, the Volunteer Chair/Communications & Recruiting email@example.com
The NAIS PTO has added a Clearances Chairperson who confirms volunteers have furnished their clearances to the district to help the event coordinators know everyone requesting to volunteer is eligible. The PTO contact for questions regarding clearances and hours tracking is Tracy Sheetz – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State of PA recently updated the policies school districts must adhere to regarding who can come into the school buildings and be part of certain activities. You must have all of your clearances on file WITH THE DISTRICT OFFICE. Even if in the past you brought them to your child’s school, you must now take them to the district HR office, located in the district admin building behind the High School. You may do so during business hours for the district.
Please review the NASD policy here. Once you have the required forms take them to the district office where they have a short application form you’ll complete and attach to your forms. Here are links to the forms you’ll likely need:
The process is not as daunting as it may at first appear, and you will be glad you took the time to complete it.